15% off ferry journeys! One code per new customer, max basket 100€, until 31/5/24
15% discount applied on bookings with a total basket value up to 100 EUR.
Valid only on ferry journeys.
Valid for first-time customers only.
This offer will end on 31/05/2024.
Limit one (1) coupon code per eligible booking. Cannot be combined, transferred or exchanged.
For full terms and conditions: https://www.omio.com/coupon

Lisbon to Porto train

Sun, May 19
+ Add return
QR-Code
Scan to get our free app
Use our app to get live travel updates and book mobile tickets for trains, buses, flights, and ferries.
App Store
rate4.9
42K ratings
Google Play
rate4.6
136K reviews

Cheap train tickets from Lisbon to Porto

Showing times and prices for May 19

Cheapest

The best way to find a cheap train ticket from Lisbon to Porto is to book your journey as far in advance as possible and to avoid traveling at rush hour.

Cheapest
R - Regional
07:53PM4h59
Lisbon - Oriente
12:52AMPorto - Campanhã
$231One-way
1 transfer
2nd Cheapest
R - Regional
07:45PM5h07
Lisboa - Santa Apolonia
$231One-way
1 transfer
IC - Intercidades
10:09PM3h14
Lisbon - Oriente
01:23AMPorto - Campanhã
$311One-way
0 transfers
IC - Intercidades
11:39AM3h14
Lisbon - Oriente
02:53PMPorto - Campanhã
$311One-way
0 transfers
IC - Intercidades
07:39PM3h13
Lisbon - Oriente
10:52PMPorto - Campanhã
$311One-way
0 transfers

Train schedule from Lisbon to Porto

Showing trains for tomorrow, Sunday, May 19
AP - Alfa Pendular
07:00AM2h58
Lisboa - Santa Apolonia
09:58AMPorto - Campanhã
0 transfers
AP - Alfa Pendular
07:09AM2h49
Lisbon - Oriente
09:58AMPorto - Campanhã
0 transfers
AP - Alfa Pendular
08:00AM3h05
Lisboa - Santa Apolonia
11:05AMPorto - Campanhã
0 transfers
AP - Alfa Pendular
08:09AM2h56
Lisbon - Oriente
11:05AMPorto - Campanhã
0 transfers
IC - Intercidades
09:30AM3h22
Lisboa - Santa Apolonia
12:52PMPorto - Campanhã
0 transfers
IC - Intercidades
09:39AM3h13
Lisbon - Oriente
12:52PMPorto - Campanhã
0 transfers
IC - Intercidades
11:30AM3h23
Lisboa - Santa Apolonia
0 transfers
IC - Intercidades
11:39AM3h14
Lisbon - Oriente
0 transfers
AP - Alfa Pendular
02:00PM2h58
Lisboa - Santa Apolonia
04:58PMPorto - Campanhã
0 transfers
AP - Alfa Pendular
02:09PM2h49
Lisbon - Oriente
0 transfers
IC - Intercidades
03:30PM3h22
Lisboa - Santa Apolonia
06:52PMPorto - Campanhã
0 transfers
IC - Intercidades
03:39PM3h13
Lisbon - Oriente
06:52PMPorto - Campanhã
0 transfers
AP - Alfa Pendular
04:00PM2h58
Lisboa - Santa Apolonia
06:58PMPorto - Campanhã
0 transfers
AP - Alfa Pendular
04:09PM2h49
Lisbon - Oriente
0 transfers
AP - Alfa Pendular
05:00PM2h58
Lisboa - Santa Apolonia
07:58PMPorto - Campanhã
0 transfers
AP - Alfa Pendular
05:09PM2h49
Lisbon - Oriente
0 transfers
IC - Intercidades
05:30PM3h23
Lisboa - Santa Apolonia
08:53PMPorto - Campanhã
0 transfers
IC - Intercidades
05:39PM3h14
Lisbon - Oriente
08:53PMPorto - Campanhã
0 transfers
AP - Alfa Pendular
06:00PM2h58
Lisboa - Santa Apolonia
08:58PMPorto - Campanhã
0 transfers
AP - Alfa Pendular
06:09PM2h49
Lisbon - Oriente
08:58PMPorto - Campanhã
0 transfers
AP - Alfa Pendular
06:45PM3h13
Lisboa - Santa Apolonia
09:58PMPorto - Campanhã
1 transfer
AP - Alfa Pendular
06:57PM3h01
Lisboa - Entrecampos
0 transfers
AP - Alfa Pendular
07:09PM2h49
Lisbon - Oriente
0 transfers
IC - Intercidades
07:30PM3h22
Lisboa - Santa Apolonia
0 transfers
IC - Intercidades
07:39PM3h13
Lisbon - Oriente
0 transfers
R - Regional
07:45PM5h07
Lisboa - Santa Apolonia
1 transfer
R - Regional
07:53PM4h59
Lisbon - Oriente
1 transfer
AP - Alfa Pendular
08:00PM2h58
Lisboa - Santa Apolonia
10:58PMPorto - Campanhã
0 transfers
AP - Alfa Pendular
08:09PM2h49
Lisbon - Oriente
0 transfers
IC - Intercidades
10:00PM3h23
Lisboa - Santa Apolonia
0 transfers
IC - Intercidades
10:09PM3h14
Lisbon - Oriente
0 transfers

This is the last train of the day.

Find all the dates and times for this journey

Compare prices and tickets Lisbon to Porto by train, bus, or flight

Sun
May 19
Mon
May 20
Tue
May 21
Wed
May 22
Thu
May 23
Fri
May 24
Sat
May 25
Sun
May 26
Mon
May 27
Tue
May 28
Wed
May 29
Thu
May 30
Fri
May 31
Sat
Jun 01
Sun
Jun 02
Mon
Jun 03
Tue
Jun 04
Wed
Jun 05
Thu
Jun 06
Fri
Jun 07
Sat
Jun 08

Fastest train times from Lisbon to Porto

Showing times and prices for May 19

Fastest Journey

2 h 49 m

Average

3 h 12 m

Trains per day

Distance

274 km

Of the 31 trains that leave Lisbon for Porto every day 28 travel direct so it’s quite easy to avoid journeys where you’ll have to change along the way.

Fastest
AP - Alfa Pendular
02:09PM2h49
Lisbon - Oriente
$391One-way
0 transfers
Fastest
AP - Alfa Pendular
05:09PM2h49
Lisbon - Oriente
$391One-way
0 transfers
Fastest
AP - Alfa Pendular
07:09PM2h49
Lisbon - Oriente
$391One-way
0 transfers
Fastest
AP - Alfa Pendular
08:09PM2h49
Lisbon - Oriente
$391One-way
0 transfers
Fastest
AP - Alfa Pendular
04:09PM2h49
Lisbon - Oriente
$391One-way
0 transfers

More than 1,000 travel companies trust us to sell their tickets all in one place.

Deutsche Bahn
Renfe
Italo
Frecciarossa

ReviewsReviews for the rail journey from Lisbon to Porto

userReviewImage
userReviewLogo

The customer opinion was acquired via Cimenio. Cimenio incentivises its users for giving an honest opinion and proving the booking with a photo of the travel ticket.

Pros
IconPrice
IconPersonnel
IconHygiene
IconComfort
Cons
IconWifi connection
IconPunctuality
IconVolume
My journey from Lisbon to Porto was extremely enjoyable as the price was very demanding. It was, in my opinion, quite good value and reasonably priced. The staff were very friendly and provided a great service to their guests. I felt well looked after during the journey. Good attention was paid to hygiene, as the toilets were very hygienic and clean. The seats were also well maintained and very cosy and comfortable. However, the wifi connection was not particularly stable. Unfortunately, the connection was constantly interrupted. The train also didn't arrive in Porto on time and the noise level was rather annoying. But overall it was a great journey!
Pros
IconLegroom
Cons
IconVolume
IconPersonnel
The train had no power sockets or wifi. The seats were comfortable, but there wasn't enough room for your legs. The staff were very unfriendly and couldn't help me. The hygiene was okay, but the toilets were a bit dirty.
Pros
IconView
IconComfort
IconVolume
Cons
IconDelay
IconCommunication
The journey from Lisbon to Porto was a very nice drive. The views were picturesque, which made the journey particularly enjoyable. My seat was comfortable and well maintained. It was very quiet on the train, which contributed to a relaxing journey. Unfortunately, there was a slight delay of 30 minutes. Also, unfortunately, there were some communication issues as some information was not clearly conveyed.
Pros
IconPrice
IconPersonnel
IconHygiene
Cons
IconComfort
IconPunctuality
IconVolume
My journey from Lisbon to Porto was pretty good overall as the price was very affordable and cost effective in my opinion. In addition, the staff was friendly, helpful and polite. They always tried and did their best to clarify the concerns and interests of their customers. Maximum attention was paid to hygiene, as the toilets and seats were neat and clean. Unfortunately, the seats were not comfortable and the train did not arrive in Porto on time. The noise level was not appropriate. But overall the journey was very good.
Pros
IconFast
IconTemperature
Cons
IconNone
I travelled the route there and back and was very satisfied both times. The train is punctual and fast and very modern, with good facilities such as wifi and modern toilets, which were very hygienic. I also had enough space for my legs plus my larger rucksack. The staff were really friendly and helpful. You could also order something to eat on board at reasonable prices. I can really recommend it.
Pros
IconView
Cons
IconComfort
The journey from Lisbon to Porto was, on the whole, very satisfactory. The train was clean, fast and well air-conditioned. There was also no lack of facilities such as wifi and charging points. The only problem was that the seats weren't exactly comfortable and I got a bit of back pain. But despite this, I would say that the value for money is quite fair and satisfactory.
Pros
IconOutlook
Cons
IconCleanliness
The train journey from Lisbon was a lovely experience that I really enjoyed. The scenery along the route was very beautiful, the train was comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, the train was a little dirty, which I think it should be. Overall, it was a pleasant way to travel between the two cities and I highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to drive.
Pros
IconPunctuality
Cons
IconNone
It was a journey full of positive surprises. Firstly, my train was on time to the minute. On top of that, there was fast wifi and excellent reception. Both the compartment and the sanitary facilities were really clean and hygienic. The journey took about 3 hours and I didn't have to change trains. In conclusion, I would like to recommend the train connection. I give it 5 stars.
Pros
IconPersonnel
IconPrice
IconPunctuality
Cons
IconNeed to change
IconVolume
IconBooking options
I found my journey from Lisbon to Porto to be excellent. The staff were very friendly to begin with and they were always responsive to my concerns and interests. The price was also fair. The train also arrived in Porto on time. Unfortunately, there were a few changes that made the journey more difficult. Also, the volume was not adequate and I personally found the reservation options to be complicated and difficult. Overall, a good journey.
Pros
IconCleanliness
Cons
IconNone
I really didn't have any negative experiences on this train connection. I was definitely very pleased that the train was on time to the minute and that the staff were helpful and friendly at all times. There was also a very stable network connection. The price-performance ratio also gets a full 5 stars from me. As I could not recognise any disadvantages, I recommend the connection.
Pros
IconPrice
IconPersonnel
IconPunctuality
IconChangeover requirements
Cons
IconHygiene
IconWifi connection
IconComfort
A few months ago, I travelled from Lisbon to Porto. The first thing to note is the excellent price, which was very fair. The staff were very friendly and the train also arrived in Porto on time, which made my journey easier. In addition, there was no need to change trains, which also made the journey easier. Unfortunately, not much attention was paid to hygiene. The toilets were not well maintained. The wifi connection was not very efficient. The connection was always interrupted. I also felt that the seats were not comfortable. Overall, however, a great trip!
Pros
IconPrice
IconWifi connection
IconHygiene
IconVolume
Cons
IconComfort
IconPersonnel
IconPunctuality
My journey from Lisbon to Porto was relatively good. Firstly, I thought the price was fair and quite reasonable. The wifi connection was efficient and stable. I was able to surf the internet and do my important work or make calls at any time. Attention was also paid to hygiene. The toilets and seats were well cleaned and hygienic. The noise level on the train was also appropriate and optimal. However, the seats were not comfortable and cosy. As a result, I couldn't really relax during the journey. The staff were also not friendly and helpful. They were rather ignorant. They were not interested in the concerns and problems of their guests. Unfortunately, the train didn't arrive in Porto on time either. But overall it was a pretty good journey!
Pros
IconPrice
IconWifi connection
IconHygiene
Cons
IconPersonnel
IconVolume
IconPunctuality
My journey from Lisbon to Porto was pretty good. I thought the price was good value and worth it for the journey. The wifi connection was efficient and stable. I was able to do some work or make important calls during the journey. Good attention was also paid to hygiene, as the toilets and seats were clean, hygienic and smelled nice. However, the staff were not friendly and not at all helpful. I had a few questions about the journey, but these were not answered and I had the impression that I was being ignored. It was noisy on the train and it didn't arrive in Porto on time. But overall a great journey for the price!

Overview: Train from Lisbon to Porto

distanceDistance170 miles (274 km)
durationAverage train duration3 h 2 min
priceAverage train ticket price$29 (€25)
frequencyTrain frequency12 a day
changesDirect trainYes, there are 12 direct trains a day
carriersTrain companiesComboios De Portugal, Alfa Pendular, Intercidades, R - Regional or IR - InterRegional

Trains from Lisbon to Porto cover the 170 miles (274 km) long trip taking on average 3 h 2 min with our travel partners like Comboios De Portugal, Alfa Pendular, Intercidades, R - Regional or IR - InterRegional. Normally, there are 12 trains operating per day, including direct services available. While the average ticket price for this trip costs around $29 (€25), you can find the cheapest train ticket for as low as $16 (€14). Travelers depart most frequently from Lisbon - Oriente and arrive in Porto - Campanhã.

Train providers: Comboios De Portugal, Alfa Pendular and Intercidades from Lisbon to Porto trains

For as little as $16 (€14) you can travel by train between Lisbon and Porto with Comboios De Portugal, Alfa Pendular and Intercidades. Omio will show you the best deals, schedules and tickets available for this trip.

Comboios Portugal is the national railway company of Portugal and it operates trains between Lisbon and Porto. It operates a wide range of trains, including Intercidades, Interregional, Regional, and Urban trains. Intercidades are the fastest and most comfortable trains, offering direct connections between major cities. Interregional trains are slightly slower, but still offer a comfortable journey. Regional trains are the slowest, but they are the most affordable option. Urban trains are the most convenient way to get around the cities. Comboios Portugal offers a variety of ticket types, including single tickets, return tickets, and season tickets. Onboard facilities include air conditioning, Wi-Fi, and power outlets. The most popular routes for Comboios Portugal are Lisbon to Porto, Lisbon to Faro, and Porto to Faro. These routes offer stunning views of the Portuguese countryside and coastline.

Lisbon to Porto train information with Comboios De Portugal:

• Average Duration: 2 h 42 min
  • Cheapest Price: $34
  • Comboios De Portugal frequency: 12 a day

FAQs: Trains from Lisbon to Porto

FAQs: Travel by train from Lisbon to Porto easily. Whether you want fast, cheap or something entirely different, our travel experts have collected everything you need to know so you can find the best option from Lisbon to Porto.
FAQs
Cheap train tickets from Lisbon to Porto can start from as little as $16 (€14) when you book in advance. The average train ticket price for Lisbon to Porto is $29 (€25); however, prices vary depending on the time of day and class and they tend to be more expensive on the day.
The average journey time by train from Lisbon to Porto is 3 h 2 min   to travel the 170 mile (274 km) long trip, with around there are 12 trains per day. Journey times can vary on weekends and holidays.
The first train from Lisbon to Porto leaves at 10: 39 AM. Plan your trip with the Journey Planner   from Omio.
The last train from Lisbon to Porto leaves at 10: 45 PM.
Yes, there are 12 direct trains a day from Lisbon to Porto with Comboios De Portugal or Intercidades. Schedules can vary on holidays or weekends with fewer direct trains.
Yes, you can take a high-speed train from Lisbon to Porto with Alfa Pendular or Intercidades. Overall you can travel with the following companies: Comboios De Portugal, Alfa Pendular, Intercidades, R - Regional or IR - InterRegional.
For the trip from Lisbon to Porto you can take a train with Comboios De Portugal, Alfa Pendular, Intercidades, R - Regional or IR - InterRegional. Be sure to check out all possible train companies that offer services between Lisbon and Porto on Omio to compare what amenities they may have.
No, there are no night trains, the latest train for this route is 10: 45 PM.

When departing from Lisbon, you have various train station options to start your route from including Lisbon - Oriente and Lisbon - Sete Rios. When arriving in Porto, you can end your journey in train stations like Porto - Campanhã and Porto - Sao Bento.

Passengers board the train most frequently from Lisbon - Oriente, which is located around 5.7 miles (9.2 km) away from the city centre, and they get off the train at Porto - Campanhã, located 1.6 miles (2.5 km) away from the city centre.

A trip to Porto from Lisbon is worth doing but not as a day trip with a journey time of 3 h 2 min each way. Check with Omio app   the best way to travel.
The cheapest month to travel from Lisbon to Porto by train is May.
It's helpful to compare your options as there are 3 ways to travel to Porto from Lisbon including taking a train, bus or flight.

Important Stations and Airports in Lisbon and Porto

Lisbon
Porto
Lisbon - Oriente is the most popular Lisbon railway station for Omio travelers, but it's not the only one. Read all the information you need to know about the main train stations in Lisbon for your trip to Porto.
Lisbon - OrienteParkingATMAccessibility
Amenities at station
ParkingParking
ATMATM
AccessibilityAccessibility
Lisbon - Sete RiosParkingATMTaxisAccessibility
Amenities at station
ParkingParking
ATMATM
TaxisTaxis
AccessibilityAccessibility
HomeTrainsTrain Times to PortoLisbon to Porto train

The Omio App Makes Travel Planning Easy

We’ll get you where you want to go. From live train updates to mobile tickets, our innovative app is the ideal way to plan and keep track of your travel.

ios-badge
android-badge
Hand With Phone
More routes, destinations and providers
Currency
Language